Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WESLEY WILLIS WAS NOT A BUM. HE WAS NOT A JERK. HE WAS NOT AN ASSHOLE.


Poor Wesley Willis.
He died thinking that his demons were out to get him.
Whilst perusing the net for gold, I came upon this random clip of the late great Wesley Willis.
I miss him like he was my own dead best friend.
I mean, he wasn't my BEST friend... well, he wasn't even my friend.
To tell you the truth, I only met him once, when I had the good fortune of having seen him play AND getting head-butted by him
at the late, great CBGB's.
(It was sort of terrifying. He didn't want to let go of my head and I was too close to his buggy bloodshot eyes to feel completely safe. Eventually, though, he released my head. Also, he played the intro to "rock n roll mcdonalds" 13-14 times and then told us the show was over.)
Anyhoo, let's all just take a minute to remember W.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT YOU TALKIN' BOUT, WILLIS?