Thursday, July 16, 2009

$23 quadrillion in credit card debt? Sure. Makes sense.


A few months ago, we got a $1,000 electric bill.
The next month, it was $2,800.
I cried, I yelled, I begged... They assured me it was accurate.
The next month, they apologized for the mistake.
I went from furious and frightened to furious and relieved.

That's nothing compared to what this guy must have felt:

"In New Hampshire, Josh Muszynski said he swiped his debit card at a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes and when he later checked his account online found that he had been charged the 17-digit number — a stunning $23,148,855,308,184,500.
Muszynski, for his part, said he spent two hours on the phone with his bank, Bank of America, trying to sort out the string of numbers and the $15 overdraft fee. The bank corrected the error the next day."



Hmmmm. Call me paranoid, but I find it a wee bit fishy that there is this rash of "overcharging mistakes"....

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT YOU TALKIN' BOUT, WILLIS?